Monday, April 27, 2009

An Update!!!

So I was able to get a hold of the urologists nurse this morning and she scheduled the TESA procedure for 5/13!!! The sperm will be frozen and then I will start my medications after my next cycle, most likely beginning of June. It is all so hard to believe that this is actually happening, we are one step closer!!! Prayers for lots of healthy female sperm!!! I get a brief feeling of excitement, but then I try to control these emotions as I do not want to be dissapointed although I know I will be regardless if this doesn't work...guess I am just trying to protect my feelings and emotions...trying not to allow myself to get too excited but it is so hard b/c this is all finally happening and I can't help but to think about how this may bring us to our daughter. Well, these next few months will be interesting to say the least, but hopefully one day very soon I can look back and say every bit of this was all worth it b/c my daughter will be on her way!!!! I believe positive thinking can make a big difference so when I find myself doubting that this could actually happen I immediatly focus on replacing those negative thoughts w/ more positive ones. I often teach cognitive behavioral techniques (CBT) to the patients telling them how important our automatic thoughts are and how by replacing those thoughts w/ more positive ones we can in turn change our feeling and behaviors...it is extremely powerful. I am a large advocate of CBT techniques and truly believe it has a lot to offer patients in treatment. Sometimes it is much easier to speak words of wisdom than to practice them yourself........

Ok, off to bed...had a very busy day at work today and am overdue for my sleep :)

2 comments:

Harmony said...

How exciting!! Thinking positive thoughts with you.

We have our first consult with the RE doctor on 5/19. :)

Conceive baby girl said...

I sincerely wish you success!

Waiting for updates...:)