Saturday, April 11, 2009

Where's my sofa???



My boys have been diligently working on forts day in and day out for the past several weeks. At one point the forts took over our entire living room leaving the rest of the family searching to just find a seat in the room! With a little persuasion from mom and dad they have moved to the sitting/family room and this is what is looks like! YIKES! As I sit here typing this I can hear the boys arguing with eachother about where the pillows should go, where to put the secret passage tunnels, etc...at one point I heard Codey talking about throwing a blanket over the hamster cage until Chandler told him not too as the hamsters would have no room to breathe! All I can say is BOYS! Do your little monkeys build forts too, if so where, do they consume your house, do you let them have their fun????

4 comments:

Harmony said...

My sister and I use to build a fort in our bedroom when we were little. We had our whole room as the fort. With lots of blankets and clothespins. Boy was it hot in there!

I can't wait until Little Man starts building his own forts. I may have to invest in more blankets. :)

Deanna said...

My brother and I use to build them too when we were kids...it was so much fun! I forgot all about clothespins!! That is too funny!

Yes, do invest in more blankets for your Little Man, lots of large ones ;)

Janalee said...

my boys like to do that too, i wish we had the space to let them keep it up for a day or two.

Kristen said...

Everyday I return home from work to discover a new, more elaborate fort in the living room. Of course I let them have their fun, but we put everything back before bedtime. They like me to crawl in their forts with them. I remember building forts with my friends and my brother all the time when I was young. It's like a rite of passage.