Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tossing & Turning...

Last night I could not sleep, I began reading about other blogs that discuss IVF, I read a very inspiring story about a woman who had two children from a previous marriage and her husband had four children from a previous marriage. The husband obtained a vasectomy and the wife a tubal ligation. They both felt content w/ their decisions and felt their family was complete. They adopted eachother's children from their previous marriages. Well, throughout time they changed their mind wanting to add another little one to their family so they pursued IVF and TESA (sperm aspiration) and it worked the first time! The woman had their beautiful baby boy several weeks ago!! Stories like these give me hope and inspiration so needless to say I tossed and turned in bed w/ constant thoughts of IVF and I remember feeling so much anxiety and fear and fast forwarding quickly through the process and right as I was about to wake up I remember looking at a pregnancy test and it was positive! I was so happy....so tonight I am tired, heading to bed early. HOPEFULLY THIS DREAM COMES TRUE!

I applied for my state licensure for SW, LCSW and found out today my application was approved. This is great news, but now I need to really put my energy into studying. Ugh! I think it may be good for me to really refocus my thoughts for a bit and spend less time perseverating on my fertility plans. Just like any pregnancy, adoption, etc....there are good stories and no so good stories and sometimes all the reading I think adds to my stress although I do find some of the stories inspiring. I need to take it one day at a time and think positive, focus on my test and hope for positive outcomes in the end for them both!!!!

No comments: