Monday, July 27, 2009

Two Beautiful Girls!!!

I did it! I arrived to the fertility clinic today and the lab came to speak to me to discuss our PGD results. We had 7 girl embryos, 2 which were very good quality which were transferred back into me today. 1 of them is what they call "compact" which is the point the embryo needs to progress to so it can be frozen...so we for sure have 1 that will be frozen as a back up if for some reason these 2 don't take. The other 4 need to continue to be watched in the lab to see if they continue to grow to the "compact" stage. If they do then they will be frozen too. Hopefully they do get there...today I have feeling satisfied and blessed for even having 2 embryo girls to transfer. I know some women go through this process and never get to this point I am at...sometimes none of the embryos fertilize, sometimes they only end up w/ the opposite gender they were hoping for...there is so much that goes into this, emotionally, financially, what an overall investment, but a very well worth one in the end if I can hold my baby girl nine months from now. I pray every night for her and now can only wait.....only time will tell and I continue to hold faith....for now I pray that my little beans stick!

I feel so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family who have supported me through this process. It has been a bit emotional, but their support and positive thoughts/prayers have made all the difference. Thank you!!!!!!

2 comments:

LL said...

Many Many prayers continued! Ross better be pampering you and letting you relax and keep off of your feet! : )

Anonymous said...

So exciting!!! I should have asked you to be my surrogate also!! he he
he!! :)

Lien