Friday, July 31, 2009

The 2WW Game!

I am officially in the 2 wk waiting period and it is so difficult to be patient. Well, I have never been much of a patient person for things even as a child so this should not surprise me...but this is very difficult. The unknown, BUT I am remaining positive. Occasionally the thought of "what if" pops into my mind of it not working, but for the majority of the time I have remained positive and for the most part a feeling of calmness and peace. From the reading I have done some have many symptoms and some have none and still end up w/ their BFP. So I am trying not to overanalyze every twitch my body feels. Here is a run down of my symptoms so far...not that it will account for anything, but only one can hope!

Day 1/Transfer date 7/27: Mild cramping, difficulties sleeping/waking up frequently
Day 2: Mild cramping , poor sleep again
Day 3: A bubbly feeling, stomach making bubbling noises
Day 4: Some bubbly feelings again, occasional cramps here and there, 5 min of extreme tightness in lower abdomen, headache, slept better though
Day 5: Woke up w/ headache, more cramping today- had acupuncture

I must admit I took a pregnancy test although I know it is very early and most don't receive their BFP's until the 10th-15th day, sometimes 17th day...but it was a BFN. I am not feeling discouraged b/c I know it is early...I am trying to remain patient but not easy for me. Positive thoughts from family and friends have been helpful! Many continued prayers....

By the way, according to my acupuncturist he said the first time one attempts IVF there is a 35-40% chance of pregnancy w/ acupuncture increasing that number another 15-25%. Within 3 cycles, one would have an 80% chance of becoming pregnant. What daunting numbers...but I read one woman say "the odds are in your favor" and I do believe they are. I guess this means that I cannot let myself get too discouraged if this first cycle does not take b/c for many it doesn't and it is nice to know I have four frozen embryos to use for an additional two cycles if needed (although two graded less in quality), BUT lets believe for now that they will not be needed and my one or two little girlies in my tummy are making themselves a nice home :)

OK....BREAK TIME...about my sweet boys! They have one week left at grandma's boot camp (so we call it...Lol!) and then off to school on 8/10! I cannot believe it. Hubby and I have an appt next Thurs at the school to find out whom the boys are assigned to for next years teacher. Chan will be in 3rd and Codey in 1st! They are growing so big!!! They have mastered swimming in grandma's pool, they are even swimming laps!! I am jealous of their little tan bodies too!

And....while I was laid up on the sofa after my ET the boys knew mom was not feeling well (unsure why, but did not ask which was good I suppose) and they made little colored plates for me, decorated them all by themselves and surprised me w/ them saying, "feel better mommy." I love them and will have to take pictures of them and post on here next...they are just adorable and a wonderful keepsake to treasure for years to come!

I could not have asked for sweeter sons and a more understanding husband. I am sure I have not been the easiest to please all these past years....let's just say my husband has done a lot for me, taken many steps to ensure I was/am happy even if it meant putting my needs at times above his own and I am so appreciative of that and all he has given me to include this attempt at our baby girl! This would not be possible without his willingness to participate (of course!) and support throughout this process. I am already blessed in so many ways!

1 comment:

LL said...

I have heard that cramping is a good sign!

Hugs and prayers Friend!