Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Medications!

Here are my medications for my upcoming IVF cycle (most of them, some required refrigeration so are stashed away in there). Thankfully my insurance company covered most of the cost and I saved approx $2,500!!! However on the downside I had many, many issues around getting my medications to me appropriately. The first time they were shipped they sat in a box in the hot sun in front of my house for 4 hrs!!! Several of the medications needed to be room temperature and w/ our AZ heat I was so afraid that the medications were damaged. After several calls to my insurance companys retail pharmacy they offered to go ahead and send me a replacement. I was extremely relieved. After this cycle being such a financial investment I did not want to risk the medications being damaged by the heat. So I have received the replacement and am scheduled to start the injectables this Sat!! I feel so overwhelmed w/ the whole process. Here's my schedule so far:
7/9: Ultrasound
7/11: Start Follistim and Repronex (take these until end of cycle)
7/13: Bloodwork
7/15: Ultrasound
7/16: Begin Ganerelix in addition to Follistim and Repronex
Ovidrel: Trigger shot prior to retrieval
Potential Retrieval: 7/21-7/25
Potential Transfer: 7/25-7/29
Will be required to take Prednisone, Doxycycline, Progesterone in Oil post egg retrieval and transfer, Estrogen Patch and baby aspirin post transfer.
I am doing my best to educate myself about all these medications, but it is a lot and one of them requires me to mix the chemicals together first before injecting. I am so afraid of making a mistake, but I know these are all normal feelings given this being my first time experiencing this. Hopefully it will be my only time given a successful outcome!
I am continuing w/ acupuncture, hopefully it is helping...hard to believe we started this process (called the fertility clinic) back in February and we are finally getting to this point!! I am trying to stay calm (although not easy) and doing my best to remain positive....

3 comments:

Janalee said...

wow - that'd overwhelm me for sure

LL said...

Woweee! I can see why you are overwhelmed. But try to remember to take some breaths and not to stress too much...easier said than done (I know!)

Love ya friend! The end of the month will be here soon!

Anita said...

Whoa! I'm sure you'll do just fine!!! My mom had problems with refrigerated medications being delivered and sitting in the heat. Glad you got it straightened out!