Monday, January 12, 2009

The Adoption Packet

So...I have had the agency that I have wanted to use for awhile now. I knew that I had already received an adoption packet from the agency a while back, however, not until I started e-mailing the agency again as our time to start the process is getting closer did I realize just how long ago I received my first packet. I dug up my old one to discover that it was dated back in 2007!!! This just goes to show how long I have been thinking about this, longing to expand our family, desiring a little princess in our home! So, in the past two years the agency of our choice has raised their fees some...ugh! It is a bit frustrating...I know many say that you do not have to be wealthy to adopt and just about everyone can afford it, but it is an expense. I know without a doubt in my heart it will be worth every penny and more, but for now I feel stress! Neither my employer nor my husbands assist w/ the costs of adoption. I am hearing more employers offering benefits that assist w/ the costs, unfortunately we are not in luck in that area! So, we continue to try and make this work for us financially. I pray that we will begin in March or April (FINALLY!)...from what I hear we just need to do it b/c there are so many reasons to justify waiting and I continue to joke that the boys will be in college before our sweet little girl arrives!

Good news...I received a bonus at work and will get a raise this year which should help...every little bit! The boys continue to mention their future sister, we were talking about selling Chandler's Thomas the Train movies (he has so many!) and then Chandler said "Wait, our little sister will want to watch them." Not to say a little girl cannot watch train movies, I am all for that, but I dream of the day we can all sit around and watch a girly movie for once...something other than Star Wars, The Clone Wars, Superman, Spiderman, etc...it's mom's turn to choose ;)

2 comments:

Harmony said...

I know what you mean about the fees. I requested a new packet from our agency last year (Doing a little dreaming. :D) and almost fell over. Their fees went up too. I expected it but it's still a shock. Sigh.

I'm with you on the movies. Bring on the princesses and dolls!

Michelle

LL said...

I've tagged you! Check out my blog!