Saturday, January 17, 2009

Juno

So....I am sitting here wathing Juno for the second time. What a great movie! I cannot help to think about when we adopt. It seems too good to be true...adoption has been comsuming my mind and thoughts so much these past few years, aching to complete our family. It is just not happening soon enough, but good news is that we are still on target to start in March or April. I can just picture a little toddler girl w/ pig tails running through our home and the boys chasing her all over the place! In fact, I was at Old Navy on Friday and they had so many cute girls clothes on clearance and then 50% off the clearance price....I got away only purchasing two little girls tops which is good for me! Together I spent less that $5 on them ;) I try and stick to clothes that she can wear anytime during the year....

So, when do you know when you are done having children? My mom said she just knew after she had my brother and I. My brother and I had some medical complications post our birth which she thinks helped her to make the decision to stick to two children, but I have never had the feeling like, "this is it." "I am done." After having such difficult pregnancies w/ the boys I knew was I done biologically...don't think my body could take another, but my heart still aches to hold another baby, hear another infant cry...nurture! Adoption feels so right for me, for us , for my family. I love being a mom, the boys are the most amazing children, so full of life, so full of energy...well, they are boys! They treat me like the princess of the house although they still don't let me watch my movies, girly ones...but say they will watch them w/ their little sister. So, three children has always felt right to me...when Ross and I married we were convinced we would have four, but after my complications w/ Chandler it went to three and then further complications w/ Codey...we thought we better quit so now three feels right. So, I have faith that this adoption will work out for us, that this magical year will be ours, the time we finally bring our daughter home....Thank you for being a part of our journey!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey we watched Juno last night too - loved it, I laughed throughout it.

PS aren't you going to blog about our night out with Beth? And send me the pics! (please)

Breanne said...

Hello Deanna! Nice to meet you!
Come stop by my blog when you get the chance :)
-Breanne
MomByDesign

By the way, we LOVED Juno too - what a funny and interesting movie. I can imagine it provokes deeper sentiments too when you are pursuing adoption yourself. Good luck!