Sunday, August 9, 2009

Continued...Roller Coaster of Emotions

Went in for my first beta test (pg test) last Friday and was notified my beta level was a 3.4!!! Very, very low. It will most likely result in a chemical pregnancy, but COULD go up although not likely. Anything above a 3 is considered to be a pos pregnancy so technically I am pregnant right now, but I was told to be very cautious. The IVF coordinator told me in the last 19 yrs of doing this kind of work she had 1 woman w/ as low of a beta number as mine and it resulted in a healthy baby boy. Ok, that news is pretty daunting, but she did say it COULD happen. Hopefully my little girl is a late implanter....I HOPE!!! I expected to cry either way on Friday w/ joy or grieving my loss, but w/ these results I just could not cry. I don't have an answer, I feel fortunate that my numbers were just not negative (under 3) but scared that they will not double by next Tues which is when I was told to come back to the clinic for another beta test. So, for now I continue my medications and wait until Tues.....All I can say is that I am preparing for the worst and praying for the best!!!!!

2 comments:

LL said...

I have been wanting to call but between Shelby being sick and also wanting you to have time with your boys this weekend I haven't. BUT please know that I am thinking of you and praying for you and this little girl that is trying to stick! Hopefull, there will be great news on Tuesday. I am glad you are continuing the meds. Hugs and prayers.

Harmony said...

Praying for you. I pray the numbers keep increasing.

((HUGS))