Friday, June 26, 2009

Sonohysterogram

Last Monday I went in for a sonohysterogram andI had no idea what to expect. As much as I knew it was a test to ensure that I did not have any abnormalities in my uterus. The IVF coordinator make it sound like it was a very simple procedure, no side effects etc...Well, I just want to say that I was relieved that I had it after work and not before b/c by the time I got home I was cramping and bent over in pain. The procedure itself did not take all that long, maybe 10-15 min and it felt like a hard pinch from within, but w/ only a little bit of crampiness I was able to get up off the table and walk out of the office thinking the procedure was not all that difficult. Uncomfortable, but not too painful. I even stopped at the grocery store on my way home and was fine but several hrs after being home I laid on the sofa in pain so much that I went to bed at 8p w/ a heating pad on my tummy looking for some type of relief. Everytime I rolled I hurt and felt like I had a weight in my lower abdomen that kept shifting. By the next morning, the pain was much more tolerable but still hurt. It hurt to walk, bend over, it felt inflammed inside, pushing on my abdomen hurt...I was beginning to think I had developed an infection and contacted my doctor. I was offered an appt early the next morning. I did not want to miss more work and am trying to save my time so I notified the nurse I would call first thing in the morning the following day if I was still in pain. As the day went on I started to feel a little better which was a great sign that maybe this wasn't an infection and nothing but post soreness after the procedure. I had not developed a fever and although in a significant amt of pain I was not in enough pain that would require me to check into the ER so I thought I would be fine. By the next day I felt amazing! Normal! What a great feeling...I survived the procedure without an infection and the good news was that my doctor told me that the test results looked great, nothing to be concerned about so on to the next step......

This has certainly turned into quite a process, a journey that I hope has a happy ending...my friend Brenda just notified me of someone in her family that transferred three embryos (first time doing IVF) and she is pregnant. Sometimes risks do pay off and I pray this one does. For we have more love to give, open arms for a precious sweet little girl....her brothers are waiting for her as we are.....and above all regardless of how this journey ends...I am one blessed mommy to have my two beautiful sons who are already miracles to me, a blessing that will forever fill my heart w/ joy and I am thankful for that!

1 comment:

Anita said...

I'm glad all turned out well - the pain part would've been no fun!