Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day One...IVF Update

First of all my apologies for getting so behind on my blog. Life gets busy and it is just hard to keep up sometimes. Update on the IVF process: Hubby completed the TESA procedure and all went well, we have four frozen vials of sperm to work with which should be enough for one IVF cycle. (I HOPE!!!) The clinic unfroze one of the tubes to make sure sperm was present and there was which was great news, but there is no way of knowing whether sperm is present in the other four vials b/c if we unfroze them we would lose them. We can only assume that since there was in one than there will be in the remainder frozen four vials so I trying to stay optomistic. So...now the rest of this is up to me, how my body will respond the the medications, how many eggs my body produces, the quality of the eggs etc...I am trying to take it all one day/step at a time so it does not become overwhelming. I have heard that eating a high protein, low carb diet will help to improve the quality of eggs so I am going to give it a try. I am saying that today is day one b/c I am starting the first step today...BC Pills. Hubby and I are meeting up again w/ the IVF Coord this Friday to sign consent forms and have any questions we may have answered. I need to make a list b/c I keep thinking of more to ask. I am not sure how long I need to be on each of the different medications yet, but I know for sure that the egg retrieval and transfer will take place in July so if all works I should expect to be pregnant in July. Hubby seems to think it should work since I have two bio sons that did not take a lot of work, but I hear many stories of women who were able to conceive their children easily and then when it came to IVF they had difficulties...and vice versa. So, what gives? I just think it is such an individualized experience. Our bodies react so differently given different situations...all I can do on my end is remain hopeful, try and keep myself from becoming too stressed/self care and THINK POSITIVE! I believe the mind is powerful and can make a difference in a successful or unsuccessful cycle. Finally, I have faith that if we are meant to have our little girl this way then it will happen...if it does not...although I know extremely heartbreaking...our little girl will find her way to us another way.....

I asked another mom whom did IVF/PGD for her daughter, ended up w/ triplet girls of any advice she may have for me...well, along w. some feedback on the right vitamins, the right foods, she stated, "I prayed like I never prayed before." I believe there is a lot in that.....

1 comment:

LL said...

God has amazing ways of answering our prayers sometimes the way least expected. You are in my prayers!