Friday, June 19, 2009

Our Little Remodel Project...










So...after three yrs of living in our current house we finally decided to remodel the boys room. I wish I had taken "before pictures" (sorry Jana!) but here is the finished room. I had picked out the colors a while ago...love them! (blue and tan although the walls look white in these pictures) So while the boys were at my grandparents hubby and I went to work...slaving day after day after getting home from work finishing the room in a week...off to Target and Bed, Bath & Beyond we went to get coordinating sheets, blankets, a cute little night table and lamp, curtains, etc...oh yes and to Home Depot for new wood blinds. The other ones were falling apart and were old...were here when we moved in. The boys picked out a superhero picture at the store of their liking and I "approved" it since it had coordinating colors...Lol! By the way, the boys bunk bed was parallel to eachother and we took out the bottom bunk, ordered a new full mattress and turned the mattress around...they have so much more space now and Codey just LOVES, LOVES, LOVES his new bed!!!! His cousin is over visiting right now and they are camping out in his new bed together. It sure beats the blow up airmatress on the side of Codey's bed during previous visits! Now...if only I could start painting PINK now....I have the perfect colors and nursery in mind...I just need to know that I will have a sweet little princess to fill the room ") Just maybe one of these days....
By the way, I decided to try acupuncture and tomorrow is my first session...never before have I tried acupuncture, but I thought w/ all the positive evidence around IVF and acupuncture it sure could not hurt! I will keep you posted on my thoughts.........

3 comments:

Janalee said...

that's a lot to do at the end of a long work day! I could never. looks great - I'm glad they love it.

Deanna said...

Thanks Jana...I just bought a bed skirt (boy style) to go around the lower bed so you don't see the rolling legs! Much better!

Anita said...

Love the room redo! Looks like a fun room for the boys.