Saturday, June 20, 2009

Acupuncture

Today was my first day of acupuncture and it went well. The acupuncturist has two offices including one right out of his home. His home office was much closer so that is where I went. I honestly did not know what to expect. I filled out some paperwork on my medical history and off we went to a little room in his home set aside for this. He was very nice and it was very relaxing. I have been cramping a little in my calves and forearms...not sure if that is normal, but otherwise feel great! He said he would be targeting my ovaries and stress which is great since I do have a fairly high stress job. My overall opinion...I think I picked the wrong profession, Lol! How nice would it be to work from your home, stick a few needles in someone and walk away for a half hour and then get paid! :-) I have a large amount of respect for this profession though...I hear nothing but wonderful things about it and it can truly target so many different "problem" areas including allergies...very interesting. Anyway...I thought I would share my experience. It is reccomended that I do acupuncture 1x/wk and he reccomended it at least one month in advance before ET so I am starting just at the right time. My next session is scheduled for next Wed.....more later....

2 comments:

LL said...

I think it is normal to be a bit sore. I remember being a bit queasy and slightly lightheaded afterwards...but boy it did feel good too.

Anita said...

I've always wondered about acupuncture so keep us updated on how it goes for you!