Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Different Kind of Journey...

Well, my head is spinning, rapid thoughts running...how can we go from our set thoughts of adoption to now starting the IVF/PGD process (hopefully) towards our daughter. For so many years we considered adoption...I truly felt it was my calling (still do), but after weighing both the positives and negatives to both situations we opted to try IVF mostly for the simple fact that we could "budget" the cost. So...WE STARTED..full force and my emotions are up and down...are we doing the right thing? Did we find the right doctor? The right facility? Can this REALLY be done? What if this doesn't work??? THERE IS NO GUARANTEE! My dear sweet husband reminds me that babies do not like to be made in stressed out environments so I MUST find a way to control these emotions, to be opptomisitic (which is out of my charactaristic not to be) so I am putting my full faith and belief into taking this next step/chapter of our life. We met w/ the fertility clinic on 3/13, I had my blood work on 3/16 and am starting the BC pills today. I am nervous but yet EXCITED and pray that this brings us to our daughter, hopefully the first time around although I hear there is absolutely no rhyme or reason to understanding why some get pregnant the first time of trying and others it takes much longer and for some it unfortunately never happens. I am extremely grateful that my husband has agreed to do this w/ me and support me (he is an IMPORTANT piece to making this happen...Lol!) The fertility doctor made it sound easy as long as hubby and I come to the table w/ the right resources to make it happen ;) We have had many discussions about how many embryos to transfer, one or two. It is a tough decision, but I think we want to make the most out of the opportunity we are provided considering the financial investment. I guess we will make that decision once the ET (embryo transfer) day gets closer...I hope that between hubby and I we will have some good numbers of healthy female embryos!

On another note, the boys are doing great. Codey is in soccer still and loving it. Chandler has been in karate for years and is deciding he may like to try baseball/softball. I am so glad they both enjoy sports and stay active. Codey loves school and kindergarten...still my little artist and Chandler is doing well in second grade...making lots of friends...a true social butterfly! Funny thought...the other day I was trying on clothes and asked Chandler which top he liked better. He said both but only wanted me to buy one so we would have more money to put towards his little sister!!! They of course do not know at this point we have changed directions...it was still very cute though. Hope to be able to announce positive news to them in the next month or two!!!!!

1 comment:

Anita said...

I'm just now catching up with you - wow! What exciting news. I can't wait to hear more...