Sunday, December 28, 2008

Getting Started

Well, this is my very first post and after much thought about whether I wanted to create a blog or not of mine own, wondering if I would be able to be faithful to it and update it often enough, be interesting enough...I have finally decided to give it a chance!

I am happily married mother of two beautiful boys planning to begin the adoption process next year towards our daughter. I always assumed I would have a daughter, but always longed to have sons. Funny how life unfolds, but I strongly believe there is a reason for everything. I was blessed w/ my two boys (six and seven) and as the result of difficulties pregnancies and medical complications my husband and I chose not to persue more biological children. My husband and I have always had an interest in adoption and so adoption felt like the right choice for us to persue our daughter. Why a daughter you ask? Well, there are many reasons...First, I already have my two beautiful boys whom I adore, I love pink, girls clothes, bows, ribbons, princess movies which my boys will not watch with me (Lol..) and I have such a wonderful and close relationship to my mother. Although I do realize that having my own daughter does not guarantee me the same relationship I am hopeful that I can create this type of relationship with her.

From those who know me, you know that I have thought about adoption for a long time (years!). I have educated myself on the adoption process and through a wonderful adoption website have met so many wonderful moms whom have adopted themselves and have these beautiful children to love now all because of the miracle of adoption! Adoption feels so right to me and although I can honestly say at one time I had my concerns and fears, I can now say I feel a sense of peace and calmness thinking about our journey towards our little girl...

Oh and a little bit more, I am a full time working mommy...hence my fear that I may not have enough time to keep up w/ this, but I will do my best! I have a quite interesting job as a medical social worker which can be both emotionally and physically challenging and rewarding. It is a wonderful feeling knowing that I have an impact on others in helping to make their lives a little better. Processing my days always helps so I am sure I will have a few stories to share later on...I think my job has really helped my boys to see the importance of my work, helping others, it has given us lots of opportunities to volunteer and to appreciate the basics of our lives foremost our health!

My hope for this blog is to share a little bit about my life and our journey towards our daughter, to give and receive support, update friends and family and always to meet new people with common interests!

After having a wonderful nine days off for the holidays I am back to work tommorrow! Have a great night!

6 comments:

Anita said...

Deanna,
I am positively DELIGHTED that you have joined the blogging world. We can't wait to follow you and your family's journey to adopting that adorable little girl! Looking forward to popping in and keeping up with you (however often that may be).
Anita

AJS said...

I had the same fear about not being able to keep up and I was right...I don't. But, I use my blog more as a journal than anything else. I used to have a lot of readers and the less I post, the less that read and I'm ok with that. I had to really thing about my motives in writing in the first place.

I can't wait to join you on your blogging journey to your daughter. The ups and downs are plentiful, but if you have family and friends by your side, they are definitely doable.

SaraAugy said...

Congrats on starting a blog! It really is fun to go back several months later and see how things have changed. Welcome to blog land. =)

Janalee said...

I think you'll do great with keeping up, you always were a consistent letter writer and that's always a sign I think.

I can walk you through posting pictures if you need help.

Deanna said...

Funny Jana! Remember those days in JH when I would have all those pre written letters waiting for you in advance to read!! Maybe that was a sign!

Ok...I will definently need some guidance w/ posting pics. I feel like you when you blogged about the world of cell phones and text messaging!!

LL said...

Hey D!!! I am so glad that you have started a blog! Welcome to the blogging world!!!

I am so excited for you and your family to start on this journey..the journey to your daughter!