Monday, December 29, 2008

Day #2...I am beginning to enjoy and have fun w/ this whole blogging thing as you can tell! Yes, I have a confession, those are cute little girls clothes that I have ALREADY purchased for our future daughter!! I walk into a store and and pulled towards the little girls clothes, they are so adorable and much too cute to pass up! I have had to find some discipline within myself or else I could easily shop myself out of the adoption!!! I must force myself to just walk the other direction...I ask my friends whom have girls how they can resist all the cute clothes and they tell me that they simply cannot justify buying any more b/c they are so cute and already have a closet full! I have a secret fear that I will go broke once we are matched w/ our daughter ;)

Ok...so I wanted to post an update on where we are in the process. We, well I (hubby left this task up to me) did lots of research on adoption agencies and we were somewhat limited as we were choosing to be gender specific. I finally located an agency, domestically that I feel comfortable with. I met a woman on line whom adopted their daughter through this agency and had a very positive experience and now I have a good friend of mine Lisa whom is going through this agency and having a positive experience so far...so step one is complete. Now we are waiting until the complete finances are in order which we anticipate will be in March or April. I don't want to wait any longer...I jokingly laugh that my two boys will be in college before our little one arrives!

I was notified by our agency of choice that we will be looking to wait anywhere between 12-18 mos for a match as it takes longer when being gender specific so I really want to get moving w/ this process. So, needless to say I am very anxious for 2009 to arrive...I pray my family along w/ all my other adoptive mommy friends will have a new little baby to hold, kiss and love this next coming year!!

No comments: