Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Picasso???

Chandler and his portfolio (see brother Codey in the back wreaking havoc!)




One of my personal favorites~


I couldn't draw this!
Chandler's famous works of art~

Chandler brought home all his artwork from his second grade art class. I must say...I was quite impressed! I am pleased that the schools encourage art and creativity. I believe art is so therapeutic and allows both adults and children to express themselves in ways they may not have been able to do otherwise. For me, well I am not an artist by any means, I lack creativity especially when it comes to decorating my home. I just don't have the knack for picking the right colored walls, the right furniture...I tend to feel everything needs to match and then I end up w/ the same color all over my house and it becomes a bit overwhelming. I have dreamt of hiring an interior decorator to just walk through my home and "fix it" as neccesary, but could certainly never afford the expense! My mother on the other hand is creative, she majored in Art in college and can sit down a draw amazing sketches in just a matter of minutes. She loved to paint when we were young...so I certainly did not obtain that creativity gene from her :) So any creativity from my children can only be contributed to those traits that they obtained from grandma!!

2 comments:

LL said...

You should really frame those! he is very talented!

I do not have an ounce of artistic talent in my pinky or anywhere for that matter! : )

Deanna said...

Yep, I don't either Lisa! See what you have to look forward to...lots of Shelby's artwork someday ;)