Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's Mommy's Day!

Chan and I before my mommy's day dinner

Codey and I on Mother's Day before our special dinner together

And...Codey knows his mommy so well...yes I do wear lots of SHORT PANTS...Capris!! Lol!

Codey's book he made me...I love his artwork! That's me sitting on the end of his bed ;)

Codey made this....so cute!
Another gift from Chandler

Picture Chan made for me of him and I

Codey's heart he made me

Chandler's teapot he made in school for me

Codey's plant he brought home from school for me for Mother's Day
So this morning my boys woke me up w/ really sweet cards that they picked out, hubby gave me a really sweet card too and then they made a coupon for a free spa package of my choice!!! They must know me a little too well! I love massages, but the best gift of all is having my family! I told hubby how thankful I am for making me a mom and told the boys how special they are to me as without them I would not be a mom! We spent a wonderful day together and then all the boys (inc hubby) took me out to dinner to Black Angus. It was delicious...I had my favorite appetizer, fried zucchini, steak and topped it all off w/ chocolate cake w/ ice cream!!!

I love being a mom...I remember the day I found out I was pregnant w/ my first I was worried about everything, was he moving enough, would it be a healthy pregnancy, etc...and a friend of mine told me from this day forward you will worry for the rest of your life and she was right. The worry did not end w/ my pregnancy nor the day I delivered him...I worry everyday that he is safe and when I became pregnant w/ his brother the worry intensified b/c I had two beautiful sons to watch over now. I am sure when they are thirty and even forty I will still be worrying b/c that is just what mother's do! Having children has completed me and provided me a greater sense of fullfillment and purpose in life. They truly are a gift and I feel so blessed to be their mother!
Happy Mother's Day to all of you special mommy's! By the way, hubby will have his TESA procedure this week....we are one step closer to our princess (I hope!)

2 comments:

LL said...

Happy Mother's Day D! I love the gifts from your boys...too adorable! And you look fabulous
!

SaraAugy said...

Glad you had a great mother's day!!! The gifts from your boys are so cute!